After a first season on the WorldTour, Factor Bikes will continue its collaboration with Team Israel Start-Up Nation and partners Black Inc and CeramicSpeed in 2021.
The new bike OSTRO VAM was released at the 2020 Tour de France. Dan Martin rode it during the Tour and went on to win a stage at the Vuelta a España.
“From the very first moment, I realised Factor had taken a great step forward, basically combining the aerodynamics of the ONE with the lightness and comfort of the O2 VAM,” the climber says.
“Factor clearly listened to the riders’ needs during the development of the OSTRO and I am looking forward to working closely together with them in 2021 as well.”
“This is a fantastic bike for a large variety of different race profiles, as Davide Cimolai and Dan Martin proved in the Giro d’Italia and the Vuelta a España, respectively,” team manager Kjell Carlström says.
Rob Gitelis, owner of Factor Bikes and Black Inc, said: “Using our experience in developing bikes at the highest level of the sport, we have a pretty good handle on the requirements of the riders, something which is illustrated quite clearly with the OSTRO. A fast, lightweight bike that is comfortable to ride. The sort of bike that, as cyclists and racers ourselves, we’d like to ride.”
The new superstar of the team, Chris Froome, is set to make his Israel Start-Up Nation with the new bike at the Volta ao Algarve in February.
- Frameset: Factor OSTRO VAM
- Front brake: Shimano Dura-Ace with Swissstop brake pads
- Rear brake: Shimano Dura-Ace with Swissstop brake pads
- Rotors: SwissStop Catalyst
- Brake/shift levers: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Front derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Rear derailleur: Shimano Dura-Ace with CeramicSpeed OSPW
- Cassette: Shimano Dura-Ace 11-30
- Chain: Shimano Dura-Ace
- Crankset: Shimano Dura-Ace with 4iiii power meter Size:175
- Chainrings: Oval chainrings
- Bottom bracket: Ceramic Speed
- Wheelset: Black Inc. 30 tubeless
- Tyres: Maxxis High road 25mm
- Handlebars: Black Inc Integrated Barstem 130 – 38
- Handlebar tape: Black Inc
- Stem: Black Inc Integrated Barstem
- Computer mount: Black Inc/Hammerhead
- Pedals: Shimano Dura-Ace PD-R9100
- Saddle: Selle Italia Nuvos Boost Evo
- Seat post: Factor (OSTRO)
- Bottle cages: Elite Superleggero 2.0
- Computer: Hammerhead Karoo 2
- Seat height: 79.4cm