Giving the boot to the existing S-Works 6 XC, the new S-Works Recon takes place as the Californian brand’s premium mountain bike shoe for those who like to clip into their pedals.
The new S-Works Recon shoe is designed to be both superlight and super-stiff for XC racing.
Recon ditches the laces in favor of two Boa S3 snap dials for quick and easy adjustment.
The heel and toe treads, which aren’t replaceable, use Specialized’s proprietary SlipNot rubber, which is also used in the its mountain bike shoe range.
The upper combines Dyneema mesh, four way stretch mesh, and TPU to create a shoe that conforms to the foot without stretching in key areas.
Weighing in at 301g per shoe, the shoes are available in 36-49 with half sizes in all but the most extreme sizes, and in regular or wide widths. Price is set at $425 in black only.
S-Works Recon Features
- New superlight XC racing shoes
- Body Geometry sole and footbed
- FACT carbon sole
- Stiffness Index: 13
- Dyneema® Mesh is trapped between layers of four-way stretch mesh and TPU to create no-stretch zones for the ultimate connection and comfort.
- Dual Alloy BOA S3-Snap dials
- PadLock heel construction
- Titanium alloy cleat nut
- SlipNotT rubber heel and toe tread
- Form Fit last with a roomy toe box
- Two-bolt cleat pattern fits all major MTB pedals
- Approximate weight: 270g (1/2 pair, Size 42)
- Colours: Black or Red