Home News Froome announces return after horror crash at UAE Tour

Froome announces return after horror crash at UAE Tour

SHARE

Chris Froome announced that he will be back racing at the UAE Tour, scheduled from February 23-29.

The Ineos rider announced that he will be at the start of the second edition of the UAE Tour, following the crash of June 12 that kept the British rider out of competition for the remainder of 2019.

“I’m really excited about getting back to racing at the UAE Tour. I’ve come off a good block of training in Gran Canaria and look forward to taking the next step in my recovery and getting back to full strength,” said Froome.

Froome’s main target is a fifth yellow jersey at the Tour de France, but will have to vie with defending champion Bernal and 2018 winner Thomas for leadership duties.

“The only appointment I’ve set myself is the Tour de France,” the seven-time Grand Tour winner said earlier in January.

“Until then I’m just going to keep chipping away, trying to make the most of every camp, every race building up to July. I hope that come that start line in Nice, I’ll be ready to go.

“The prospect of going for a fifth yellow jersey is massive for me. It’s such a motivation. There are no guarantees I’ll be back to challenge for it, but I’m going to give it everything I’ve got.”