World road race champion Annemiek van Vleuten has been presented with a special custom Scott Addict RC disc brake bike for the 2020 season.
The 37-year-old Dutch rider stormed to a phenomenal victory at the 2019 UCI Road World Championships in Harrogate, North Yorkshire, after a jaw dropping 105kilometre solo breakaway, to claim her first world road race title.
The custom SCOTT bike, presented to Van Vleuten in Italy where she is currently joining a men’s team camp, incorporates the world championship rainbow bands, along with some unique personal features.
Her team nickname ‘Vleuty’ is perfectly placed on the top tube, laid over a rainbow road and positioned under three symbolic Dutch items; a windmill, a clog and a tulip. There’s also a tribute to her brave solo move.
“I really love the bike, SCOTT made it especially for me,” Van Vleuten explained. “The thing I like the most is that it says 105km solo, that’s the amount of kilometres I did solo at the world championships, so it makes the bike really personal to me.”
Under light the bike comes alive reflecting colours that change at every angle. It is subtle yet stunning, it’s a bike to match its rider.
For the 2020 season, the entire Mitchelton-SCOTT women’s team will also race with disc brake bikes, from the start of the European season, on the new re-launched SCOTT Addict RC.
“I also really like that this bike is with disc brakes,” Van Vleuten emphasised. “That’s a new feature for the women’s team in 2020, my descending on it has been going like crazy so that’s really good and yet the bike is still very light.“
The all-new SCOTT Addict RC has improved aerodynamics and an increase in stiffness while simultaneously getting significantly lighter.
Van Vleuten’s Bike:
- Frame – SCOTT Addict RC – Size XXS
- Groupset – Shimano Dura Ace R9170
- Crankset – Shimano Duar Ace FC-R9100P
- Cockpit – Syncros Creston IC SL (380mm Width / 80mm Stem)
- Handlebar tape – Syncros Super Light
- Front Wheel – Shimano Dura Ace WH-R9100-C40
- Rear Wheel – Shimano Dura Ace WH-R9100-C40
- Tyres – Pirelli P-Zero
- Saddle – Syncros Belcarra
- Seat Post – Syncros Duncan Aero SL
- Pedals – Shimano PD-R9100
Custom Design Features:
- Rainbow bands on the forks and seat tube
- Nickname ‘Vleutey’ on the top tube
- 105km solo on the down tube
- Unique rainbow glitter paint job